CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Catching up on memories

Thursday, July 16, 2009

IT'S a BOY!!!!!

As we were walking out of the doctor's office after we had just learned we were having a boy I turned to Dave and asked him if he was happy. His response to me was "Well, I feel kind of bad". I was confused at this point because he had been praying everyday that it would be a boy. Then he said, "Well.... I feel bad - because I WON". And then he did a little happy dance. What a stinker my husband is. I felt a little anxiety going in to find out the sex of our baby. Dave is the oldest of 7 boys (no girls), but my family only has girl grand-daughters. So his family was routing for a girl and my family was routing for a boy. I felt like I had to route for a girl just to make the odds fair. And besides, for some reason I felt like I might be having a girl - but so much for motherly instinct - right. However, when I found it I was having a boy, I was truly happy. I just want him to be healthy and happy. I want to give him the world.
What a happy day!!!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Yay! Congrats guys! Can't wait to meet the little dude...do you have a name? :)

The Jensen Family said...

I am so stinkin excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea B. said...

Congrats. Boys are fun and a good start (Ashton was much easier than Emma).